Extra Care Manager
Job Title: Extra Care Scheme Manager
Location: South Tyneside (NE32 3DT)
Hours: Permanent Contract working 40hrs
Salary: £21,899 per annum
Reporting to the Registered Branch Manager, the Extra Care Scheme Manager is responsible for ensuring the welfare of all service users and care staff. You will promote the independence, security and wellbeing of service user.
Role & Responsibilities
- Produce and review care plans for all service users in accordance with the associations care and planning procedures.
- Monitor the work of care and to ensure that care plans are regularly updated and accurate records are maintained.
- To provide, in an emergency, direct care and support to service users where appropriate, to ensure that they receive the right package of care and support which meets their identified needs.
- Assisting the service user to access specialist care where appropriate, e.g: nursing or healthcare.
- Liaise closely and effectively with all relevant professionals, care workers, families and advocates involved in providing service user care.
- Liaise with health services in administering, recording and supervising medication in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all manual handling and risk assessments are completed in accordance with policies and procedures for all service users.
- Attend one to one supervision meeting, annual appraisals, staff meetings and training when required.
- Work effectively as a Team Leader to promote and encourage independence amongst the tenants at all time.
Qualifications & Experience
- Level 3 QCF in Health & Social Care
- An understanding of the needs of older people and the role of extra care
- Experience of recruiting, training and development of staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively i.e. able to accurately record, produce reports, liaise with other agencies and relatives or resident.
- A flexible approach and willingness to work out of normal house to cover shifts.
- Knowledge of community care and the commission for social care inspection legislation and standards.
- Understanding of health and social issues.
- Experience of liaising with statuary and voluntary agencies.
CRG Homecare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment by following all company Safeguarding policies and procedures.
For more information about the role and package details please apply online today or contact Jennifer via email on firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.