Band 6 Occupational Therapist - Community
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: South Tyneside (NE32 3DT)
Hours: Permanent Contract working 20hrs
Salary: Upto £25,000 per annum
Roles & Responsibilities
Provide assessment and provision of occupational therapy interventions for adults and older people undergoing a period of reablement to identify the potential of the individual.
Work closely alongside other reablement staff identifying how occupational therapy interventions including equipment and minor housing adaptations can increase a person's independence, with the aim of achieving their agreed goals.
Setting reablement goals and occupational therapy interventions to delay or prevent the need for long-term care, taking into account alternative solutions to the provision of social care to support the delivery of the service and promote a culture of positive ability.
Support and empower adults to enhance their quality of life, live well, within their community, maximising their potential to continue to develop skills that enable them to live at home as independently as possible.
Manage a defined caseload of challenging needs as an autonomous practitioner, evidencing high-level problem solving and reasoning skills, and independence of judgement. Supervision to be sought from a senior occupational therapist from outside immediate team. Work as part of the wider clinical team for HCRG, receiving support, CPD and acting as a resource.
What we need from you
• Current HCPC registration to practice
• A broad breadth of experience which should include interventions for physical and mental health, ideally gained in a complex care or community setting
• Be visible and know the patients in caseload by regular care rounds and proactive home visits
• Respond to and investigate clinical complaints, in line with policy and risk management
• Submit clinical reports and updates to CCGs regarding their packages as per contractual agreements
• Maintain clinical updates and evidence of PREP (Post Registration Educational Portfolio)
• Driving licence and use of a vehicle for work
CRG Homecare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment by following all company Safeguarding policies and procedures.
For more information about the role and package details please apply online today or contact Lynn on 01785 237826 or email email@example.com for an informal discussion.