Care Quality Manager
Job Title: Quality Manager
Location: Region 1 (Greenock, Lanarkshire, Isle of Bute, Fraserburgh, Dundee, East Lothian, Elgin and Falkirk) with some overnight stays
Hours: Permanent Contract working 37.5 hrs per week
Salary: Upto 35,000 per annum inclusive of car allowance (DOE)
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Quality Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of independent targeted audits ensuring branches are achieving compliance with internal quality standards and external regulatory requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
- Overseeing the management and coordination of peer audit, ensuring audits are undertaken in line with the company quality assurance process
- Keeping up-to-date with regulatory changes and best practice within the Health and Social Care sector across the UK, sharing ideas for improvement with the Director of Quality
- Supporting new managers to ensure they receive appropriate quality and audit training and be the point of contact for any compliance advice and support for existing managers
- Monitoring of any branches that have significant service delivery failures through action plans and escalating concerns to Regional Directors
- Assisting and providing feedback on proposed action plans and tracking actions ensuring improvements are made
- Attending regional and national meetings as required and under-take calibration testing to ensure continuity of audit across the branch network
- All other duties as directed by the Regional Director
- Provide compliance and audit advice and guidance to branches where necessary including SMART action planning so that full compliance to internal and external standards can be achieved
- Ensure audit tool remains current and share recommendations for changes
- Develop effective relationships with branch staff and key people to the business in regards to quality standards and quality improvement
- The role requires the holder to have their own transport and they must have flexibility and be able to travel
- Maintaining accurate information using spreadsheets and databases on regulatory and Branch audits across the business
- Assisting in development of new audit tools and being able to interrogate systems to obtain data as required
- Providing regular reports to the business in relation to compliance, linking Branch audit to regulatory compliance, and producing trend analysis reports
- Building and maintaining good working relations with all regulatory bodies and being point of contact for day-to-day management of regulatory changes and queries
- To ensure we’re meeting key deadlines such as provider information returns, inspection report appeals, completion of internal audits and bot regulatory and internal action plans
- Providing advice, guidance and responding to routine queries from Branch and Operations
- Co-ordinating and completing Branch and Branch Manager Registrations and changes
- Recording, tracking and supporting Registered Managers with regulatory notifications
- Supporting the Nominated/Relevant Individual as required
- To produce reports on audit and performance as required
- Flexibility and ability to travel and a clean driving license
Internal Compliance Management of Branches
- Liaison with CQC, CSSIW and Care Inspectorate enquiries and corporate contacts.
- Routine monitoring of action plans and progression of action plans.
- Maintaining and updating reports.
- Support branches during all announced external quality inspections where possible.
Regulatory Management of Branches
- Ensure branches submit self-assessments and notifications within timescales as required by the regulator and provide support as required.
- Ensure that all regulatory activity in branches is monitored and tracked.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Relevant transferable experience or skills in quality and or regulation
- Highly organised
- Knowledgeable of regulatory requirements
- Quality qualification
- An audit qualification or relevant transferable experience or skills in compliance audit
For more information about the role and package details please apply online today or email email@example.com for an informal discussion.
For more information on how we store and use your information, please view our privacy statement by visiting https://www.alliedhealthcare.com/privacy-statement